An Air Adventure departing from Kona Airport that shows you more of the island than others can and a remote landing in an area that is both breathtakingly beautiful and rich in Hawaiian History. You will enjoy the same tour route as our Hawaii Experience with the addition of an amazing immersion into the Kohala area of the Island for a special landing adventure.
Experience five major volcanoes, breathtaking mountain ranges, stunning white and black sand beaches, lush waterfalls, 2,000′ valley walls, dramatic coastlines and 10 different climate zones. Explore the activity at Kilauea crater, the lush rainforests of East Hawaii, the Kohala valleys and waterfalls, the white sand beach resorts of Waikoloa and much more during this Air Adventure.
Unlike any other Air Adventure on the Big Island we will take you into the Kohala area for an exclusive landing. See the fertile valleys where King Kamehameha I was protected as a child to save his life. Learn about the culture and the diverse natural habitat. Normally only accessible by hours of hiking you are treated to the untouched purity of this serene location that most people can never reach.
The Volcano & Kohala Paradise Landing is the best way for you to see our amazing island from a floating seat in the sky and immerse yourself first hand in the hidden beauty and history of the Kohala area of the island.
- Approximately a 3 hour adventure with a landing in a remote area (approx. 1.5-2 hours in the air & approx. 1 hour on the ground)
- Six passengers
- 2-way communication with the pilot and each other
- Current activity at Kilauea Volcano
- Amazing white and black sand beaches
- Hundreds of waterfalls
- 2,000′ valley walls
- Breathtaking coastlines
- 10 different climate zones
- Landing in a remote Kohala location
- All taxes and fuel surcharge
- Fully narrated tour
Physical Activity Level:
- Need to be able to step up into helicopter.
- Unpaved terrain
Suitable for adults, children, and seniors
What to Wear:
- Comfortable clothing
- Dark colored shirts for picture taking (no reflection in pictures from helicopter windows)
- Good walking shoes
- Check in 45 minutes prior to departure
- Passengers over 250 lbs are subject to weight restriction fee
About 3 hours – approximately 1.5-2 hours in the air and about one hour on the ground
Departure Time & Location:
- Morning and afternoon departures
- Kona International Airport located in the Commuter Terminal Building
Rate : $ 535/ person
*Tour departure times, flight durations, route and viewing may vary due to weather, volcanic activity and other uncontrollable events. We have a 24 hour cancellation policy. Late cancels and no shows pay full fare. We reserve the right to refuse service. All prices are subject to applicable taxes and fees. All prices are subject to change.